Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April is Poetry Month

And naturally I found a web site that challenges everyone to write a poem a day... I have passed that challenge on to Juliene (Hi Juliene!) who I believe is in Sweden at the moment...

Here is the web site if you want to read the prompts and participate:

http://blog.writersdigest.com/poeticasides/CommentView,guid,b18860be-3ebe-4e64-a847-39f454bc420e.aspx

Today's prompt is to write an 'origin' poem. I had very little time to work on this. Work is such a pain - I'm sure I could make better poems if I didn't have to spend my brain on work... oh well, here is today's poem - and you will be getting one-a-day, no matter how awful, for the entire month of April.

Daughter

Scandinavian eyes, from her great-grandmother,
Blonde hair from me, family-nose from her father,
Sings like her grandma, (we all wish she wouldn’t),
Smart like her grandpa, there’s nothing she couldn’t
do, swims like a dolphin, (she got that from me),
but where did she get all the rest that is she?
Her family of origin gave her their best,
but we just can’t explain where she got all the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment