Sunday, April 19, 2009

Anger

Today we were supposed to write an anger poem... didn't really feel that angry! took Harley for a walk around the lake and came up with this 'Toxic Sister' idea - can't say I love it - not sure it worked...Juliene said it did (thanks J) and by the way- I have no sister!

Toxic Sister

born first,
pageant pretty,
straight A student,
everybody’s best friend,
seemed like she effortlessly
rolled downhill while I painfully
trudged up,

no one saw me
saw the special in me,
outside the funny one, inside
rage-ravished, I couldn’t
help the secret stomach punches,
painful arm pinches, only now I
wonder, why didn’t she ever tell?

* * *

baby sister,
made everybody
laugh, scene-stealing
extrovert, seemed like
she got away with murder,
while I walked a net-less high-wire

everyone,
watching me,
hoping for success?
Or rooting for failure?
Outside perfection, inside
confused by love, by hate, both
to me seemed unearned, pinched, punched,
nobody to tell

No comments:

Post a Comment