Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Rockstar Element

Today, while doing a bunch of research on how to publish, I suddenly realized that it is not going to be good enough to be good.  Like the rest of the arts, musician, actress, (I don't know about art) a lot depends on who you know, luck, right place/right time.  For some reason I hadn't thought of that. I just thought if I was good I would make it. 
Dale says, the thing to do is get to be my best and then we'll worry about the who you know element.  I guess there's nothing else I can do. So be it.
I wrote about a chapter and a half on 'Ghost'.  Mary Ann and I worked on the end of 'Lucky'.  I'm going to send that to Joyce instead of 'Lucky Tuesday'.  I'll take 'Lucky Tuesday' to critique group.  I'm trying to get hooked up with an online critique group as well, since every two weeks is not going to be enough for me... at that rate it would take 3 months just to get through one chapter book.
I started looking at PB ideas, because there is so much more out there as far as support and also publishers.  I don't love PB's but, I do love to rhyme, so maybe I can make something work out with that.  I also need to get back to plotting 'GUN'. 
I got a book called Save the Cat today, that analyzes movie plots.  It was recommended by Anastasia Suen.  I keep learning...

No comments:

Post a Comment