Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday - rewrite

Today was devoted to finalizing Old Man Watson for a workshop Monday. I also did my final draft of the Dog Biscuit rewrite based on Joyce's comments.  Mary Ann had already done one draft, so my work should have been easier, but I find you can rewrite forever, and as long as it's still getting better, that's a good thing.  At the end of the day I did a final read-aloud. 
Reading aloud really helps me hear what other people, who aren't familiar with the story, will hear.   It helps you find the rough spots.  I think we have about two of those left right now, and then we'll have the story back where it was before we sent it out for review, only missing an unnecessary character, and with a whole new ending that is more 'right'.   I'm pretty happy with it.  I wasn't sure we'd make it through another review/rewrite... it can seem like too much work.  But it was really worth it. 

1 comment:

  1. Kristy, on the East Coast of Florida, I have four 20x24 pieces in Katharine Butler Gallery in Sarasota. I have one piece at the Fifth Avenu Art Gallery in Melbourne. I have a good amount of pieces in Orlando (not on the coast) between Downtown and Celebration in the Grand Bohemian Gallery. Thank you for commenting on my blog. if you want more info, feel free to email me directly ejnelson@mac.com I am flattered you want to see my work!!

    ReplyDelete