Monday, September 14, 2009

Partnership

One of the things I'm doing is writing with a partner - like everything else, it has an upside and  a down side.  There's a lot of waiting for the othr person to get around to doing their part.  On the other hand, the story is definitely better for being created by more than one mind!  I'm not sure if I have it in me to do a story by myself.
Anyway, today was a partnership challenge.  We did NOT agree on where the story needed to got. I'm fighting to remove a character and my partner fighting to keep her.   It takes a really open mind to work together.  You have to be willing to give up sections you've put it place, ideas you had, to at least see it another idea can work better. 
In the end we worked it out, the solution was my partners idea, which puts the whole story back in play.  It means we're going to have to polich and re-send to the editor - more expense, but probably worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment