Friday, September 4, 2009

In Praise of Failing

I just came from another blog, where someone had written a poetry book called 'In Praise of Falling', but I didn't read it that way, I read it as 'In Praise of Failing'. I think it makes an excellent title for a poetry book, perhaps I'll get to that someday.  In any case, I used to spend most of my time trying to avoid the 'humiliation' of failing.  What a waste.  Finally I figured out you can't get good at anything without failing, it's not so bad, it's just normal.  And so I write and write, hoping the next thing will be the good one, the great one, and knowing it's pretty much average. Still they say even a monkey could hit the right keys given enough tries.  Guess I'm the monkey in this metaphor... hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo

No comments:

Post a Comment