Sunday, February 8, 2009

Fort Myers Art Festival - Great!!


I spent 3 hours at the Fort Myers Art Festival yesterday - it is such a great festival. I was really surprised to see that this years poster was by Timothy Parker - http://www.timothymparker.com/ a favorite of mine since I saw his unusual, beautiful work at an art festival in St. Armand's circle last year. He was the artist that I went back and talked to - I thought his paintings were 'collage-like' and he told me that he used his computer to 'test' certain techniques in sections of his paintings before he painted them, to make sure he liked them... I thought that was a fantastically clever idea. I suppose it's not that much of a stretch, but it wouldn't have occurred to me. I love his work - but all I could afford was a framed copy of the poster - still, if you have time, check out his web site and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment