Thursday, December 30, 2010

For me!

When I was trying to figure out what to do next, it suddenly ocurred to me that I am heading to Idaho in 3 weeks for the lovely Stellas first birthday, and I don't own a hat!  Talk about your Aha moment.  So I measured my head, figured out it was only an inch bigger than the biggest size in my baby hat book, so I modified the pattern by 4 stitches and made a hat for myself.

Isn't it cute?  This was a really easy hat to make, I just carried the second color up the 4 rows until I needed it again.  I think this is a definite candidate for a kids hat that I could make over and over and donate somewhere like I did with the baby blankets.  Definitely a 'repeater'.  And think of all the cool color combos - a simple pattern in worsted weight on size 9 circular needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment