Monday, January 26, 2009

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society


This is the best book I have read in a long time! If you are a reader, you've got to get it! It's by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. It starts in London and moves to the Channel Islands right after WWII - the Channel Islands sound loke a great place to be, although maybe I just want to go back to the 40's - yes the war was awful and the occupation was horrendous, but I would like to live in a time when we didn't all head to the office every day.
Anyway, the book is told through letters and surprisingly it really works! It works so well that if I was 'free' I would be on my way to live there immediately.. although I suppose the place is commercialized like everywhere else by now... anyone ever been there?

No comments:

Post a Comment